TOWN Magazine Internship Info
TOWN Magazine is a singular arts, culture, and style publication for the Upstate of South Carolina. With an eye toward the diverse cultural, artistic, culinary, and philanthropic opportunities in our community, every month we present stories of the progressive South.
Interns at TOWN Magazine will work closely with the editorial team to brainstorm and produce content. All applicants should demonstrate strong communications skills; familiarity with the magazine; an interest in learning about Greenville and the Upstate; an openness to direction and feedback; and a willingness to get their hands dirty.
***All TOWN Magazine internships are suspended for the 2020-2021 season. Please check back at the beginning of 2021 for updates.
Editorial intern, part-time unpaid. We are looking for a smart, flexible writer to assist in the production of this magazine. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
– Conducting interviews
– Writing and editing short articles
– Pitching ideas for content
– Assisting on photo shoots
– Research and fact-checking
– Administrative tasks
– While the internship is writing-intensive, there will be plenty of opportunities to learn and experience many aspects of magazine publishing.
– A personal laptop computer
– Fall & Spring: 10–15 hours per week / Summer: 20 hours per week
– Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Adobe CS applications (InDesign)
To apply, please provide the following:
– A cover letter addressed to Abby Keith. Please detail your motivations for applying, your background, and what you feel you can contribute. Please also indicate which internship and season for which you would like to be considered.
– A resume.
– A writing sample no more than 1,000 words in length. This sample does not have to be academic in nature. We would prefer a sample that showcases your strengths as a writer and meshes with the style of TOWN.
– Please send all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org